This is the archive of the old Tactical Square. Click to go to the live site.
Sign in to follow this  
kimoomik

Win 7 Ultimate ISO (64 Bit)

Question

kimoomik    66
kimoomik

hi guys, i have a problem, i lost my win 7dvd with all versions of win 7, in the internet i only can find downloads for home and profesional anyone have a link to a download or an idea how to grade up to ultimate or anything? even on the microsoft website is only home and profesional...
and i read u just need to remove any entry (file) and u can choose all versions while installation process, is that true and how it works before i read hours in google, cause most people dont know about what they are talking :D

2 answers to this question

Thomas    312
Thomas

That is correct. The installation images of all Windows 7 editions are identical. The only exception to this is a configuration file which dictates which edition of Windows 7 is to be installed.

This configuration file is called "ei.cfg". The contents of this file will look similar to the example below:

[EditionID]
Ultimate
[Channel]
Retail
[VL]

The EditionID section of the file dictates the edition that will be installed, and can either be one of the following:

• Ultimate
  • Professional
  • Home Premium
  • Home Basic
  • Starter

The Channel section describes whether it is a Retail or OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) distribution. More about this here.

VL stands for Volume License, and can either be 0 or 1. This should be left 0 for home installations.

By deleting the ei.cfg file from the installation image, Windows setup will prompt you to choose an edition during the installation process.

Edited by Thomas

kimoomik    66
kimoomik

good, so was my information right (Y)