This is the archive of the old Tactical Square. Click to go to the live site.
Floid

Can't see my demofiles

Question

Floid    11
Floid

bye guys,

when im recording something with the command demorec filename i can't find any files or demos in my system? How to fix it, looked everyone on Infogames to TO folders to files , just everywhere. But when i type the command, it says demo rec started

and with stopdemo it ends normally with showing my frames but can't see it anywhere?

6 answers to this question

Thomas    312
Thomas

By default it is written to the 'System' folder of your Tactical Ops installation. It is named according to the first argument passed to the demorec command, appended with a .dem extension.

For instance, issuing the following demorec command:

demorec Foo

Will produce a file called 'Foo.dem'.

UAC Virtualization

If you have installed Tactical Ops to a 'protected' system directory which requires privilege elevation for write access, like Program Files, it may be in the VirtualStore:

%LocalAppData%\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\Infogrames\Tactical Ops\System

Copy & paste in an explorer window or in a run window (Windows key + R)

See for more information: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_Account_Control#Features

Edited by Thomas
Section title

joeycracknl    50
joeycracknl

Floid, you can also do this like i said weeks ago to you :P  Might take a while depending on your PC, go to ''My Computer'' main screen, go to the search bar and type .dem and let it search for a few min lol

Floid    11
Floid

Yeah and there is nothing then, i just see in my system a CS Go dem data on it? When i click on it , it says update your Steam Client? i just can take Screens but im trying to record everytime. Even on joeys TO fixed pack it's not working. I could show u that in a video

And it's not in the virtual Store thomas

Maybe a video player is missing?

sullivaN.    9
sullivaN.

U should try ingame in console demoplay "name of ur demo" to see if u can play the demo with the TO version u recorded the demo. Then u will know that ur demo is stored in TO system folder, even if the dem. file is invisible for u.

When u can't play any demo u should look in ur ini wich path u use to store a demo.

joeycracknl    50
joeycracknl

Maybe make sure Tactical Ops is not installed in any folder that starts with C:/Users/ , like your Desktop, Document or Download folder etc

Then right click on TacticalOps.exe and give it activate "Run as Administrator"

I dont know what to problem is floid, but i showed you weeks back on whatsapp that if i download the TO3.4+3.5 Pack,
record a demo with custom name you can find it in the /System/ Folder, so it something on your PC i would think.

Thomas    312
Thomas

Floid,

Open a run window by pressing the Windows key + R simultaneously. Enter the following:

cmd

A command prompt will show up.

Run a recursive 'dir' command on your TO installation folder:

dir "path/to/your/tacticalops/folder" /S > TO-dir.txt

Only replace the part between quotes (simply copy and paste your TO location in there).

Now open a new run window (Windows key + R), and enter:

%UserProfile%

You should see a file called "TO-dir.txt". Upload the contents of that file here (preferably copy & paste into a code block).

Edited by Thomas
Syntax highlighting for better readability