This is the archive of the old Tactical Square. Click to go to the live site.
Sign in to follow this  
spoD.sG

Cant open TACOPS anymore

spoD.sG    2
spoD.sG

Hi,

I can not open TacOps anymore :/. After i played a demo it crashed and since then when i open tacops (even if restarted laptop) this error:

errorTO.png

kimoomik    66
kimoomik

save ur demos and reinstall ^_^

embedded    5
embedded

I never had an error like this, but I'll try to help you out anyway.

This error come form something that need the support of the Canvas functions (can be a Font or a Image). This makes me think of the initial screen of the game that sometimes cause problems with the images (almost always with OpenGL drv). Since I don't think it's possible that a .u and .dll file can be changed suddenly of the closure of a DemoRec, prolly the problem came from an editable file like .ini or something else..

So, without further ado I'll try to give ya some suggestions; try to replace your Game .INI (also User) file with the original one. or try to update the settings of your render device with the originals ones, or also update the file (e.g. OpenGL ..). I remind that I never had this problem so I cant give ya a better solution. (: bye

p.s. all problems can be solved. if you learn to solve it, the next time you'll know how to handle it. reinstalling the game isn't the best choice.

Edited by embedded

spoD.sG    2
spoD.sG

I copied all my demo's from a different map to my system map (around 100 demo's, collected over the many years i play) but i saw afterwards that some standardized ini's were along it, so i replaced my all my ini's *gone forever* and yeah it got bugged. When i try to do a system recovery, it fails because there is something corrupt, even tho i did a chkdsk /r . If someone can help me how to fix this, i can still get my normald old TO back by using system recovery.

embedded    5
embedded

Unless you've never changed your recording device (e.g. DemoRecordingDevice=Engine.DemoRecDriver) or the settings for the demo (e.g., the [Engine.DemoRecDriver] section), you have nothing to worry about the INIs lost. A demo's file is nothing more than a reproduction of a match played in a particular time with particular files. If one of these files are missing, the demo can not be loaded and then crash. So, for fix the problem, load a demo, then, if it doesnt work, check TacticalOps.log (in ur System) and see what's missing (msg like: Log: Don't have package for demo: MyPackageName)

p.s.usually the problem comes up when you delete the game's chace with the files needed for the demo).

Shone    42
Shone

I have problems with TO too. This days i instaled Win 7 again, becouse i had some problems with win 8. 

Now i have this message and TO is not starting. :(

Error.png

embedded    5
embedded

Seems like something derived from a bad installation or having it already installed on the PC but left unchanged during the downgrade to Win7 (many parameters change between 7 and 8). However, leaving aside the probable causes of the problem... try to reinstall TO or try a different renderer.

This error looks like a loop of corrupt texture, or your system having troubles with a render device. That's all the informations I can take from the details you gave. Then, if you're able to see if your TacticalOps.log have more details about this issue, it will be more easier to fix

kimoomik    66
kimoomik

u have no idea, lieke i said to spod, reinstall...
btw, atm im to down to see any info xD
just happy that i can sleep now...

Edited by kimoomik

Shone    42
Shone

Nvidia drivers were missing, thats what caused this. :D 

Sign in to follow this