This is the archive of the old Tactical Square. Click to go to the live site.
Sign in to follow this  
Naota

More admins

sp33dCore    16
sp33dCore

Yesterday i havnt seen anyone of you in TS,

Cuz i havnt seen Thomas ingame for weeks, some goes for Headhunter.

Ladytjuh is pretty active, and she's the only one. ;)

Thomas    312
Thomas
Cuz i havnt seen Thomas ingame for weeks

Yes you have. :)

fatboyharley    10
fatboyharley

I dont use TS, but I am ingame CTF 1-3 hrs everyday.

sp33dCore    16
sp33dCore

Under what names u play Thomas? "Chicken" by any chance xD ?

Peterie    93
Peterie

It's true what Thomas says. They are online quite often and when they are online there is no other admin needed.
But still, when no one of the admins is there people will cheat and use bugs. And thats also quite often ;)

Why don't you give renk SA for both servers. He is very often online on TS when no other admin is.

sp33dCore    16
sp33dCore

strange, i play alot always see cheater and no-one to deal with then.

so u guys are just NOT active r not doing ur job right.

Renkinjutsushi    0
Renkinjutsushi

just cause we have admin rights doesnt mean we need to be hardcore gamers. i'm there when i am able to and that's it. and before everything else i'm a player, that comes first.

headhunter    35
headhunter

ok sp33dcore if you can make a anti antiban? cuz thats wat were dealing with latey trolls wit antiban hacks and cheats who try to ruin the gameplay ;) thats the type were dealing with?
make it for us and you can complain all you want if there's still something to complain about its always the same cheater with another nickname and ip and yes if you watch closely everyone would recon the same game style, don't rely on other players cus they think we cheat. or that you cheat u know damn well ;) make it for us (propperly and working) and complain all u want! we do our job as good as possible. We are not gonna play it as no-life you are ;) if you don't make it and still complain! well you know your place then and else feel ur place!

sp33dCore    16
sp33dCore

my place is right under whale craap :D

Renkinjutsushi    0
Renkinjutsushi

lol@headhunter. Sp33d just wants to cause mischief and that's why he's complaining :D
but yeah you're right about the part that it's always the same cheaters. those vermin always come back there's just no stopping them

sp33dCore    16
sp33dCore

keep punishing them ingame, they will leave ! ;)

-FoM-benyamindr    0
-FoM-benyamindr

i think the admin team does their best but the cheaters keep ruing the fun in game
so i still think more sa's would be a good solution

Extostteam    0
Extostteam

Yeah more admins would be a good solution, also headhunter has a point, admins can't be 24/7 active they have social lives, also cheaters getting banned and coming back using ip spoofing or other tools,

Thomas correct me if im wrong, but every computer has an identical adress and its not ip ehmm what was it mac adress or something(atm drunk) thats something that is impossible to change(sofar as i know) isn't their an way to ban that adress so cheaters can't anymore and changing ip wouldn't help unless they buy a new pc with an other mac adress, but is their an way to ban that? Maybe the ese team developed a tool for that nowadays i relly dunno

fatboyharley    10
fatboyharley

Really. Cheaters coming back all the time is the main problem. Cheaters tools are way ahead the admin tools and possibilities. You see an aimbotter? Perfect, you ban him for 7 days, and next second he is back. Even with the same name, showing that admin is helpless to stop him ruin the game. Rangeban is not always possible too.

And when you have 5-6 cheaters doing that in the same time? :) Admin say goodbye to your mental health? 8):cheer::cry: I do something that one may call abuse - I keep punishing or kicking until they give up to play or until the round is over. It looks really crazy, believe me :mask:

Who's the wise mind who can make the most effective anticheat and ban tool?

Thomas    312
Thomas
Who's the wise mind who can make the most effective anticheat and ban tool?

Even if you would make a state-of-the-art ban system, it's not going to stop them. Due to the very same reason as described in my next reply, below.

The only thing that could significantly slow them down would be some form of account system, where it would be required to register in order to play. Possibly with admin account verification. Or perhaps something similar to TeamSpeak's anti abuse systems (security levels).

However, for an old game as TO is... this is just not profitable anymore.
Besides, most of the players probably wouldn't know what to do and leave us.

The most effective means of counter ban evading is to rangeban.
Although IP banning really is something of the past, it showed us that players who got rangebanned really just gave up.

Thomas correct me if im wrong, but every computer has an identical adress and its not ip ehmm what was it mac adress or something(atm drunk) thats something that is impossible to change(sofar as i know) isn't their an way to ban that adress so cheaters can't anymore and changing ip wouldn't help unless they buy a new pc with an other mac adress, but is their an way to ban that? Maybe the ese team developed a tool for that nowadays i relly dunno

Everything that is client side can be manipulated.
MAC (Media Access Control, the unique identifier of the physical Ethernet adapter) addresses are no exception to this. While it can be harder to manipulate certain data, it's never impossible.

In fact, altering the MAC address of your system is fairly easy, and does not require a lot of technical knowledge at all.

Extostteam    0
Extostteam

Even if you would make a state-of-the-art ban system, it's not going to stop them. Due to the very same reason as described in my next reply, below.

The only thing that could significantly slow them down would be some form of account system, where it would be required to register in order to play. Possibly with admin account verification. Or perhaps something similar to TeamSpeak's anti abuse systems (security levels).

However, for an old game as TO is... this is just not profitable anymore.
Besides, most of the players probably wouldn't know what to do and leave us.

The most effective means of counter ban evading is to rangeban.
Although IP banning really is something of the past, it showed us that players who got rangebanned really just gave up.

Everything that is client side can be manipulated.
MAC (Media Access Control, the unique identifier of the physical Ethernet adapter) addresses are no exception to this. While it can be harder to manipulate certain data, it's never impossible.

In fact, altering the MAC address of your system is fairly easy, and does not require a lot of technical knowledge at all.

Yeah i thought so did some research and you got ip spoofing and you got arp spoofing like u said mac adress can be changed, lol when i got my diploma for mbo 4 system admin at that time it was not possible to change mac adress. Technology is going hard...

But how many cheaters are actually ip spoofing i mean most of the cheaters are just dumb don't even speak english i think they don't even know what ip spoofing is or how to do it, also you need advanced computer knowledge.

Thomas    312
Thomas
when i got my diploma for mbo 4 system admin at that time it was not possible to change mac adress.

Yes, it was, perhaps just not as obvious as it is now.

But how many cheaters are actually ip spoofing i mean most of the cheaters are just dumb don't even speak english i think they don't even know what ip spoofing is or how to do it, also you need advanced computer knowledge.

Never said they did, I was just talking about changing IP's in general ;)

sp33dCore    16
sp33dCore

If even players as "usta" and "gangsteribrahim" can change their IP's everyone should be able to :P

Extostteam    0
Extostteam

Yes, it was, perhaps just not as obvious as it is now.

hmm could be, from what i learned at the time it wasnt possible but like you said not as obvious at is now.

Still the cheaters are an problem....

their isn't really a good solution.

-FoM-benyamindr    0
-FoM-benyamindr

right now there are 4/5 cheaters in the CTF server...
and one is f**kin teleporting and ammo hack and drives everyone crazy :O

sp33dCore    16
sp33dCore

No one ever votes a cheater most idiots need an entire map to vote 1 player out ...

Extostteam    0
Extostteam

I don't see any good solutions than having very active admins.
But the admins have social lives to so its impossible for them to be 24/7 active
And choosing more admins would be a solution but i understand thomas, you
Can't just choose randomly people to be admin. If people just stay active on the forum
And teamspeak, and earn the respect and trust of the sa's eventually they will take you
In their team and asign you as admin if they trust you and are up for it.

I don't see an other solution. And again just to make it clear, even if their more admins.
You can't expect that they will 24/7 active some go to school.. Some to work etc etc.

sp33dCore    16
sp33dCore

I dont have a social life (A)

I have absolutly no life :P

headhunter    35
headhunter

fatboyharley's post:(accidentaly removed)

I vote for Naota to be admin on CTF/TDM. He has so much admin experience, he is truly gold for any server he admins. Also, he is a player that makes a lot of ppl cry

sp33dCore    16
sp33dCore

aaah i've seen him once r twice lets hope it works out.

Sign in to follow this