This is the archive of the old Tactical Square. Click to go to the live site.
$inergy

Clanbase-like page

CaramelTaart    2
CaramelTaart

even i had a clan, together with skillz, OldSqL^,

sp33dCore    16
sp33dCore

fod. & L(-)-W

no interest to join some NL friend/loser clan.

trust me, we're dead.

Edited by sp33dCore

$inergy    19
$inergy

I don't understand why you immediately start referring to a loserclan...

In my opinion we don't have the luxury to be picky about teams... I think that, at this point, we should have fun in any way possible. And I belive that this can be achieved by having as much clans as possible.

If the clans you are in, are active and able to play 4VS4 wars, I haven't said a word. If that's not the case I'd seriously reconsider...

MARTY    24
MARTY

Don't bother with him, Sinergy.

sullivaN.    9
sullivaN.

Sinergy just ignore speedcore. Hes comments are useless.

It's a very good Idea and a great initiative Sinergy!

Apo    10
Apo

I'm still here so Sg is still alive. But let's face it how often do people play wars where there are no ringers? Clans don't really mean a lot these days.

As for clan base like site I put a similar kind of thing on at the start of the year http://sto-gaming.org/p/ebattles/events.php the majority of people not just old players failed to pull their finger out and play. I or anyone can setup a ladder or cup at the link above in about 5 mins but people won't use it. Esl stopped how many years ago now for the same issue?

lordo    0
lordo

Guys , so exiting about you trying to ressurect this game , and squeez some fun out of here . It's a great idea to try some ladder/cup  tournament in 2016 . I can try to bring my friends from 3.5 and it's probably +1 team , so good luck with your opening , it's definitely need to do ///  GL  HF  

$inergy    19
$inergy
23 hours ago, Apo said:

I'm still here so Sg is still alive. But let's face it how often do people play wars where there are no ringers? Clans don't really mean a lot these days.

As for clan base like site I put a similar kind of thing on at the start of the year http://sto-gaming.org/p/ebattles/events.php the majority of people not just old players failed to pull their finger out and play. I or anyone can setup a ladder or cup at the link above in about 5 mins but people won't use it. Esl stopped how many years ago now for the same issue?

It's very unfortunate that it didn't work very well last time you tried. And maybe the odds are against us to make something similar like this work again. But I've the feeling TO is growing little by little, and I also believe that at this point some clans are reforming again. So with a little bit of luck time is right.

Maybe a clanbase-like site already exists, but it's not used. A simple website only used for keeping scores, posting screenshots can only help. If we start using it from the beginning, and try to promote it on the servers....
That being said, to me personally the website is a project to learn some php-scripting. If it is used in the end the better. If not, I've still learnt something (so no time wasted).

sullivaN.    9
sullivaN.

It was very nice what sG did and too bad it didn't work. But the sG tournament was for the old sG players and for players that were active on TO. So the intention was not to get old players back. That's why I like the idea of Sinergy.

Floid    11
Floid

More active clans = more active players = more wars , just like that 

Shone    42
Shone

Old players come and play couple of maps and then they go back in inactivity, it is pointless to wait for them... offcourse everyone can join if he wants, but we should stick with active players and active clans.

Apo    10
Apo

The sg tournament was aimed at everyone I could contact from TO not just old sg. So anyone who had an account on any of or websites or Facebook. Thats probably about 400 people, we still only got what we got.

You need to get a commitment out of people at the start to be sure they would keep playing to the end. I like the idea of charging say 5 euro per player as then you can split out the funds as prizes at the end. But this approach comes with its own issues

As I said wars are rarely played without ringers which makes a score keeping website difficult to work with

Edited by Apo

sullivaN.    9
sullivaN.
On 5-6-2016 at 11:39 AM, Shone said:

Old players come and play couple of maps and then they go back in inactivity, it is pointless to wait for them... offcourse everyone can join if he wants, but we should stick with active players and active clans.

That's not true. Look at sinergy, cpN and the members of GY.

$inergy    19
$inergy

I'm trying to have a working version ready by the end of June.

You should be able to:

- register as a new player (and if wanted, join a 1VS1 league)

- to start/join a clan

-  2 different authorization levels in a clan (which can be extended later)

- to challenge other clans in different leagues (2vs2,3vs3,4+vs4+) : ranking according to ELO-system

- to fill in the results yourself

- post screenshots (only then the war will be valid)

There will still be some bugs, and options will still be limited,but I will try to gradually change the site to something a little bit more userfriendly.

Now, contentwise, warrules should be made. I know there are several in existence already. But maybe we should revise these rules according to the needs of the community...

So any suggestions are welcome.

sp33dCore    16
sp33dCore

This actualy looks promising ( might have to ignore 1 or 2 comments, but meh )

Would be cool if we could autopost screenshots ( but idk if that possible )

$inergy    19
$inergy

Can you suggest a good name / domainname for the website?

kimoomik    66
kimoomik
5 hours ago, $inergy said:

Can you suggest a good name / domainname for the website?

to-league, tacops-league, to-league, aot-league, to-aot-league, tactical-league to34-league etc....

Edited by kimoomik

Peterie    93
Peterie

Why have a new domain when you have a lot of ppl here already? Dunno if Thomas is okay with putting a new tab here next to game stats though.

Thomas    312
Thomas
1 hour ago, Peterie said:

Dunno if Thomas is okay with putting a new tab here next to game stats though.

Of course I am, I wholeheartedly welcome anything that may contribute to saving TO :)

sp33dCore    16
sp33dCore

might want to update the game stats though, the first look is horrible.

i mean, if we could see, how many players were playing, and what map.

Thomas    312
Thomas
4 hours ago, sp33dCore said:

the first look is horrible

What first look are you referring to?

sp33dCore    16
sp33dCore

thats you, 

another website for all results.

all im asking for.

$inergy    19
$inergy

At this point I've got a usable website. Which I can, hopefully, upload soon.

I have to finish the lay-out and I have to put in some content. But most of the scripting works. So in a few days I hope to get it online.

Later I will add the screenshotupload and some other features. But I'll be on holiday in a week, so I will have less time then.