This is the archive of the old Tactical Square. Click to go to the live site.
$inergy

Clanbase-like page

luke    2
luke

..... Well that escalated quickly! haha. 

well played sinergy

$inergy    19
$inergy
13 hours ago, MARTY said:

@$inergy Currently you have to fill in 48 rounds for the score. However, we just had a war with 1 draw round and therefore the score was 36-11 instead of 36-12. Would it be possible to fill in less than 48 rounds so this will be avoided. 

Problem should be fixed

$inergy    19
$inergy

To be honoust, I don't see the problem of being part of more than one clan. On the original clanbase it wasn't a problem either. The only difference is, that there were a lot of clans 10 years ago, and you didn't see how many clans some players were in, mainly because you could put yourself in other clans using another nickname.

That being said, I do understand that the idea of clans versus clans is minimized because of that.

Nevertheless, I think that it doesn't matter when talking about a competition. Some formations of players will be better than others, and that is what the ranking will show us in the end. And that it is, to me, what competition means.

I also read that you don't want to compete in 2v2 or 3V3 because that's not really your clan playing then. To me it seems like you fear that depending on which players are playing you might lose a game once in a while. That should be the fun of the game. It means that you have to play more to gain points again. But in the end I can live with the idea of people pairing up, because the more clans the better!

I don't judge, and all have to do what they think is best, but an attitude of "I'm not playing them because they are to good", or "I'm not playing because I might lose", or "2vs2 doesn't represent the team" blocks the whole concept of playing competitive wars. The more you play, the more you'll win and the more you'll lose. Sometimes you gain points, sometimes you lose points. So I don't see the point in rejecting wars for any of the above reasons. Not pointing a finger to anyone. But as an example: 

Assume team ranked number 1 has 1200 pts, the bottom ranked team has 800. The bottom team wants to play the first team, but they reject. reason: if we lose, we lose a lot of points, if we win, we gain almost nothing. It's a correct statement, but why reject? if you're number one, prove you're worthy to be there. Make sure you win the war! That's how the concept works.

maybe this was a bit off-topic, but that were some of my thoughts important to share :P

Shone    42
Shone

Wow, wow.

First: Clan is represented by gropu of people (usualy more than 2) who have diferent skills and who work as a team. Playing clan wars 2v2 is just STUPID imo, we can all take our best players who will play 2v2, but thats not clan (team) playing, that are just 2 guys who are playing against 2 other guys. 

Second:  About being scared of defeat, i am pretty sure that FFD has the best "duo" for 2v2 (Svn and Cpn) so there is nothing to be scared of ;) 

Third: We need RULES! 

Rules sugestions:

1. Servers: Wars should be played on servers with anticheat (Ace). No one wants to act police here, but from ours experience, some players loose good part of their skills when they play on server with Ace. ("Not pointing a finger to anyone")

2Home maps: Every clan should choose a map from the list of standard TO maps and should stick to it, so other clans can be informed about map they will play at before actual war. Clan whose map is on should choose sides on that map at the start of the war, or if they want it that way they can let other clan to choose sides. 

3. Recording:  In past, playing war without "forcedemorec" wouldn't be valid, so i am confused what changed now? It seems like some people are atentionaly avoiding recording (Once again "Not pointing a finger to anyone") 

MARTY    24
MARTY
26 minutes ago, Shone said:

2Home maps: Every clan should choose a map from the list of standard TO maps and should stick to it, so other clans can be informed about map they will play at before actual war. Clan whose map is on should choose sides on that map at the start of the war, or if they want it that way they can let other clan to choose sides. 

3. Recording:  In past, playing war without "forcedemorec" wouldn't be valid, so i am confused what changed now? It seems like some people are atentionaly avoiding recording (Once again "Not pointing a finger to anyone") 

This is a weird rule and not useful. The rule should be that maps played have to be chosen before actually starting the war. You don't always want to play the same map against every team. Based on tactics your choice for a map against a certain opponent could differ.

Has there been a war without demo's so far? All wars I've been a part of had forced demorec. However, I agree, recording should be mandatory.

Shone    42
Shone

Some people don't like maps we choose, thats why i wrote that.

Floid    11
Floid

Fix the ace shit

KorteZZ    2
KorteZZ

Im glad to see that TO community is reborning and making clanwars and other competitions. But now I live in Kazakhstan and here not enough TO players to create Clan. And too high ping :D But Im trying to track TO community events and its interesting to view video translation on tvitch or youtube and download demos if its possible. 

kimoomik    66
kimoomik
7 hours ago, KorteZZ said:

Im glad to see that TO community is reborning and making clanwars and other competitions. But now I live in Kazakhstan and here not enough TO players to create Clan. And too high ping :D But Im trying to track TO community events and its interesting to view video translation on tvitch or youtube and download demos if its possible. 

yes we had already a few times that more as 50 players was online in 3.4 how it looks in 3.5 i cant they, but still returning players every week or we get a new one, maybe there are a few in ur location and i saw already a few russians, they should have similar pings to u?

but where are japan,chinaplayers etc?. we have players in every location, but china not? theres living the half world wtf 

$inergy    19
$inergy

It has already been added, that you have to add the chosen maps to the CB-challenge, so that problem has been solved

CheOps    1
CheOps

Got the oldskool [-.aE-] Altered Evolution back up. Trying to get in contact with some oldskool players from this clan, and gave them the link to get on clanbase.

Only problem is, I can't relog into my account on clanbase for some reason, so cant accept any members untill Sinergy lets me back on my account ^_^

Op 5-9-2016 om 16:48, Thomas zei:

Passwords are now stored securely. You are encouraged to change your password.

Can you give mine again plz in pm, for some reason I can't login anymore :D

kimoomik    66
kimoomik

dunno if i just forgot my pw or its a websitething, errormessage is:  login failed, please try again.

Thomas    312
Thomas
1 uur terug, CheOps zei:

Can you give mine again plz in pm, for some reason I can't login anymore :D

Passwords are stored securely and are thus irrecoverable (unless you happen to have a quantum computer). I'll send you a new one instead.

CheOps    1
CheOps
17 minuten geleden, kimoomik zei:

dunno if i just forgot my pw or its a websitething, errormessage is:  login failed, please try again.

having the same issue ^_^

5 minuten geleden, Thomas zei:

Passwords are stored securely and are thus irrecoverable (unless you happen to have a quantum computer). I'll send you a new one instead.

can you send it to my emailadres plz?

kenny.v.e@telenet.be

kimoomik    66
kimoomik
6 hours ago, CheOps said:

having the same issue ^_^

can you send it to my emailadres plz?

kenny.v.e@telenet.be

then u forgot ur pw fast xD

CheOps    1
CheOps
Op 29-9-2016 om 21:00, kimoomik zei:

then u forgot ur pw fast xD

Actually I didnt, but for some reason my pasword wouldnt work :D

kimoomik    66
kimoomik

still cant login, but not sure if i was earlier logged in, maybe i need to confirm a email? otherwise i need pls a new password @Thomas @$inergy

CheBo    0
CheBo

im sorry, i ve lost also my login PW on the CB ...

How i get back?

Thomas    312
Thomas

Please open a support ticket and include your display name and email address used on the CB.

CheBo    0
CheBo
1 hour ago, Thomas said:

Please open a support ticket and include your display name and email address used on the CB.

ok, thanks

SnOw.be    0
SnOw.be

After a win, we get -15 points on the ladder. How s that possible?

kimoomik    66
kimoomik

41 - 7 i would say OWNED :D
dunno what is wrong, but the points are correct or not? just the latest points are shown wrong? but i even see ko lost no points

@$inergy do u know whats wrong or can us explain how the point system works (technical)

$inergy    19
$inergy

Hi,

The ELO system should work normally , but there used to be something wrong with the win/loss (it was shown wrong)

That bug was fixed a while ago, but for some reason this is the older version again. It might be possible that @Thomas worked on an older version and didn't implement the fix when he uploaded again.

kimoomik    66
kimoomik
14 hours ago, $inergy said:

Hi,

The ELO system should work normally , but there used to be something wrong with the win/loss (it was shown wrong)

That bug was fixed a while ago, but for some reason this is the older version again. It might be possible that @Thomas worked on an older version and didn't implement the fix when he uploaded again.

so its like i thought? just the win/loss is shown incorrect but the points are correctly calculated