This is the archive of the old Tactical Square. Click to go to the live site.
Shone

Maps at "FFD Public" server

Shone    42
Shone

Please all vote:
Copy template -> Put your name on it -> protect your sheet.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1oCNHQRAEkB3SfP3sVyQb64FG2fQZO0OLbSxNBylp72k/edit?usp=sharing

Hey guys, 

we all know that this game isn't so popular like other online games, but it is the only game i am playing online and i am pretty sad with the fact that we have only 1 or 2 active servers. But in last few days i saw many players active during whole day, which is the case with me too. It is realy nice that you can play whenever you want, with at least 5-6 players.

But, it is realy anoying when i catch some free time to play and i am forced to play some maps i have never seen in my life. They are mostly full with bugs and glitches, small, objectiveless, ANOYING and they are voted by 1 or 2 players who are there just to anoy people. (laggers from latin america, or asia and domestic european players who think that they are actualy funny)

Anyway, i saw that many good players are forced to play at sG server just because of this, beside that server crasher. 

My point is that we have A LOT of stupid, bad created maps at the server with most of them never voted and i think that we should keep it simple as much as we can. I mean, whats wrong with some CLASSIC maps that are never played at the server: Blaze of Glory, Unbreakable, November rain, Terror Mansion .... i agree that there are some good, not standard maps, like Cold, Old City (which is not at the server, ironicly), Ambush, Fairytale (never saw online, exept at sG server), Bombing Dust, etc....

Do we realy need all of those maps? 

There is another problem with maps that just aren't meant to be TDM maps, like Stack and L7N training, but i can live with that. 

Please think about this, cause it is realy anoying to have 1 or 2 hours time to play and in that period you have to play 3 or 4 of this ANOYING maps. 

ZEE.WONK    133
ZEE.WONK

Fairytale  created by officer_D, It gets you a version missmatch, so you have to delete a file to download that one, Then you have to do the same again when playing other maps with that texture, But its a nice map.
But i would like map list to be renewed, Away with some old and add new once.

Deagle5v12,cold,trooper over and over again xP

kimoomik    66
kimoomik

i suggested mapüs 2 or 3 years ago, still noone tried that =/ (was on ffd forum)

Shone    42
Shone

Seriously Zee, you need more maps? :D 

Maybe we can arange some topic with sugestion lists, and something like Top 50 maps by votes go at the server list, 50 is waaaay more than enough for this level of players and playing time.

ZEE.WONK    133
ZEE.WONK

Would be fun with some map change.
If there is a poll i bet most vote shit maps like blocks and such small maps :P

$inergy    19
$inergy

I also wanted to start a new topic on this, but noticed someone already had.

I completely agree with Shone. There is just one server online, which forces you to play whichever map is voted on that server. There are a few things influenced by this.

- As Shone said, if you don't always have much time to play, you expect to play a nice map. It happened to me (and I saw with others as well), that you just shut down the game once a shitty map is voted.  (by shitty, I mean a map which is not suitable for just a few players, + a map like fallfall or toontown, ... I think you get the idea). In my opinion it's just a gamekiller.

- If you have to vote, I always try to vote for a nice map, but for 70% of the time I vote for a map which is the best of the worst. The more maps you've got, the more divided the votes will be, the more people will be malcontent with the outcome.

- In my opinion the list of maps is too extended. It takes a while to find the nice maps... and besides, the same maps are voted over and over again just because they are the most fun.

What is my suggestion?

- Shorten the list and stick to maybe 10 to 15 maps (20 at the max). 

- I also believe that you can enable something whereby the voted map cannot be voted for maybe the next 3 to 4 games. This forces you to change maps every now and then.

Which maps should be listed?

- Since there are not as much players online anymore as it used to be, I'd stick to small, enjoyable maps.

like: deagle, cold, rapid waters, scope, slow water, crossfire, ambush (I can even understand that maps like battle axe and L7 training are in there if it must. although not 
                   my  favourite ones)

- I would put in a mix of some bigger maps,when there are 14 people online, but I wouldn't overdo it.
           like: trooper, CIA, Getaway, Blister, crossmaglen, dragon, drought, trainstation...

- I would also put in maps which were played a lot in the old days. As I might have said already. It discourages nostalgic players when they are forced to play shitty maps.

like: Icybreeze, november rain, ...

So this is my opinion, and to be honoust, this topic deserves a lot of attention! It's something that can easily be taken care of. So please consider this post!

Edited by $inergy

ZEE.WONK    133
ZEE.WONK
9 minutes ago, $inergy said:

- I also believe that you can enable something whereby the voted map cannot be voted for maybe the next 3 to 4 games. This forces you to change maps every now and then.

That's already made a few months ago.

But there always same maps anyway;
Trooper, RW, 2-Cold, Deagle, L7n, Ambush, Stack. And when maps pops up on list again the same maps starts over and over again...

Here is my list i want to play:

Spoiler

TO-Trooper(or other version)

TO-Scope

TO-Rapidwaters(or other version)

TO-Icybreeze

TO-2-Ambush

TO-2W-Radio

TO-BombingDust2

TO-Blaze-of-glory

TO-CIA

TO-Dragon

TO-Drought

TO-Eskero

TO-FrozenScar

TO-IM-Oilcompany][

TO-KnightsEdge-B1

TO-KS-OldCity

TO-TearsOfSun

TO-[Z]-Office2

TO-Trooperz

TO-Ziviwohnheim

TO-SandySoil

TO-IM-TrainingX3

TO-DustDeluxeNight/TO-Dust

TO-Province

TO-Infectious

TO-HighPlace/TO-HighPlace2

TO-Cabal

TO-Aiming-TE

TO-SW-CargoYard

TO-SW-GlenCanyon

TO-SW-IndustrialArea

TO-SW-ItalianSun

TO-SW-SouthernFrance

TO-AoT-Aztekv2

TO-MM-BlackGold

TO-MM-Priest

TO-W-FastMoney

Shone    42
Shone

Standard TO maps plus max 10 custom maps which are good and which have some sense and scenario and thats it! Whats the point of Stack, L7n, Bridge, etc ... on TDM Server, they are fine for CTF, but this is TDM. Also, UT maps SUCK at TO, so remove em all!

Fall maps <_< speachless... Pool party together with crazy mode o.O 

I haven't played Rebirth of GlasgowKiss for ages FFS. I forgot how Unbreakable even looks, Blaze of Glory (the best map ever) is on once per month. 

And then you have some idiot from Chile or Brazil, who is there just to anoy and he votes some random stuff which has download of 15 minutes (Alpia) and he empties the server that way. 

I beg person who is in charge of server to read this topic and do something about it :) 

ZEE.WONK    133
ZEE.WONK

Remove; :P 

L7N, Stack, Troja, PoolParty and there are a lot of other "shit" maps.

Many with Players spawns outside buy zones, So you have to search to buy :/

$inergy    19
$inergy

Zee.Wonk I still think your list is too extended :)
This is my list, I still think this list can be shortened....  (i think about maps which are probably too big nowadays. like IcyBreeze, NovemberRain, ...)

Spoiler

TO CLASSIC MAPS

TO-Blister
TO-CIA
TO-Crossfire
TO-Dragon
TO-Drought
TO-Eskero
TO-Forge
TO-Getaway
TO-IcyBreeze
TO-Metalstorm
TO-NovemberRain
TO-Oilrig
TO-RapidWaters
TO-Rebirth
TO-Scope
TO-TerrorMansion
TO-Trainstation
TO-Trooper

GOOD NEW MAPS

TO-Deagle
TO-Cold
TO-SlowWater
TO-BombingDust
TO-Italy
TO-Aztec
TO-Ambush
TO-Province

sp33dCore    16
sp33dCore

Ambush only server pl0x.

Peterie    93
Peterie

We only have 5 people who voted so far. You don't need to give your opinion on all maps immediately. Just cast the votes you are capable of, the more input we get the better.

sullivaN.    9
sullivaN.

Most of the 'not standard maps' I dont know. For me they are bugged and boring, So I should remove most of the 'not standard maps'.

$inergy    19
$inergy

voted, but maybe I change some things if I have time to check some of the maps

I agree with sullivaN. though

Edited by $inergy

MARTY    24
MARTY

Just all standard maps and few popular custom made ones. It's all we need :) 

kimoomik    66
kimoomik
5 hours ago, Peterie said:

Guess it resets after a while. I put it on can edit again.

ok, but anyway i saw not more as 15-20 playable maps :D
maybe the forum shouldsend out a newsletter, that more people can vote, we even can post ot in facebookgroups, and maybe put a mesage on the server and anything in the description, then give a week time, and later we do the same with ne maps? so that we have at the end 25-35 maps?

Peterie    93
Peterie

We have 10 votes already :D. When we remove all maps with 25% or less vote to keep 76 maps would be removed and 50 maps would remain.

But I agree, we should find more people to vote. Can you post it in the FFD & Friends group?

kimoomik    66
kimoomik

posted in all tacops groups which i joined and even on ffd site (Y)

MARTY    24
MARTY
18 hours ago, Peterie said:

We have 10 votes already :D. When we remove all maps with 25% or less vote to keep 76 maps would be removed and 50 maps would remain.

But I agree, we should find more people to vote. Can you post it in the FFD & Friends group?

Or keep all maps with 75% votes to keep. That would be the most popular maps and we could decide whether some standard maps will be kept or removed (most less played public maps are ~60%).

Or 50% if you want to be generous. I think 25% is too low.

Edited by MARTY

ZEE.WONK    133
ZEE.WONK

These maps are on vote list atm (ingame)?
Need some new once as well (ex; fixed version of TO-KS-OldCity :P)
There are some nice maps at tacops CTF server.

kimoomik    66
kimoomik

at the end should not more left as 30 maps and then we should add a few new maps even with a poll like this (Y) 
how long we should wait for votes? i would suggest anything about 7-10 days